Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Puerto Rico is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Lose yourself in the historical stories of Old San Juan, feel the rub of sand between your toes at Playa Flamenco, or catch some beisbol; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Puerto Rico and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Puerto Rico Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out San Juan map (included in print version), plus over 32 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Puerto Rico Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of San Juan, Ponce, Rincon, Culebra, Vieques, Fajardo, Isabela, Luquillo, Catano, Cabo Rojo, Aguadilla, Dorado, El Yunque, Central Mountains, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Puerto Rico, our most comprehensive guide to Puerto Rico, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nate Cavalieri, and Beth Kohn.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)