Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow in the footsteps of conquistadors in Santo Domingo, claim a spot in the sand at Playa Rincon, or visit Haiti's mighty Citadelle la Ferriere; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Dominican Republic and Haiti and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, literature, music, dance, sport, architecture, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Over 39 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Dominican Republic Outdoors, and Top Experiences
- Coverage of Santo Domingo, Port-au-Prince, Playa Rincon, La Vega, Damajagua, Cabarete, La Citadelle la Ferriere, Punta Cana, the Peninsula de Samana, Port Salut, Lago Enriquillo, Pico Duarte, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti, our most comprehensive guide to the Dominican Republic and Haiti, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paul Clammer, Michael Grosberg, and Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.