Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Promenade through Jasper via the Skyline Trail, ride the Lake Louise Gondola to a fantastic view, or drive past cascades and glaciers on Icefields Parkway; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save you time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 45 trail and park maps
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Glacier National Park, Lake Louise, Banff Town, Canmore, Mt Robson Provincial Park, East Glacier, West Glacier, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Bookmarks to shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to get to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks, is perfect for both exploring the top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Canada guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Canada, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking to visit more than one national park in the North America? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA's Best National Parks, a photo-rich guide to the country's 27 most popular natural attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, and Brendan Sainsbury.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet enables curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.