Blessed with nature’s bounty, rich cultural traditions and magnificent architecture, the northern states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan offer abundant diversity. Hemmed in by the mighty Himalayas in the north, the sandy desert to the west and the fertile Gangetic plains below, the region offers spectacular scenery, heritage sites, music, dance and food.
This travel guide contains:
- Seven states of North India – Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan – extensively covered.
- Unique trip planner with each chapter on how to get there, a suggested itinerary for the place, best time to visit and what it’s great for.
- Captures Top 15 Experiences and reveals hidden gems.
- Reviews of accommodation, shopping, nightlife, activities and eating of various destinations in each state.
- Expert recommendations tell you about what not to miss in North India.
- Easy maps for each state with clearly marked, numbered highlights.
- Comprehensive coverage of the capital cities and other popular destinations in North India.
- Plan Your Trip section with advice on shopping, eating, travelling with kids and a Need to Know section which is a quick reference guide for all the key information you will need.